AIRJO Coffee Roasters (AIRJO) respects the right to privacy of its customers, suppliers, contractors, agents and others with whom it deals ("You/ Your") and understands the need to protect Your personal information. AIRJO and each of its related entities takes its obligations under the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cth) including related legislation ("Act") and the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs") seriously. AIRJO is bound by the APPs and other laws and codes relating to personal information. This Policy does not apply to information held by AIRJO about its employees.
We collect Your personal information directly and indirectly from You and, in some cases, from other people or organizations. As an online retailer of consumer goods and services, personal information collected and maintained by AIRJO generally comprises:
- Personal details required to identify You such as name and address,
- Contact details including phone number, fax number and email address;
- Credit card, financial institution
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password.
Your personal information, as disclosed at the time of collection, is used by AIRJO for the primary purpose of supplying You with Our goods and services. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying You and servicing Our relationship with You. AIRJO may also use personal information collected for the purpose of marketing goods and services, understanding Your requirements, training of Our staff and managing complaints or disputes. If You do not wish to receive direct marketing material, You may elect to "opt-out" by clicking on the link appearing on the marketing material or by notifying AIRJO's directly email@example.com that you do not wish to receive marketing material. Subject to the terms of this Policy, AIRJO undertakes to You that it will not use or disclose Your personal information unless such use or disclosure is authorised by You or in accordance with this Policy. Some examples of where such use or disclosure of Your personal information would be authorised are:
- as required or authorised at law;
- as necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- as necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect criminal activity or improper conduct;
- as reasonably necessary for the preparation or conduct of court proceedings; or
- where You have consented, either expressly or implicitly, to the disclosure of information about You.
- customer, product, business and research organisations;
- data partners, analytic consultants and data warehouses;
- social media networks where people create, share or exchange information;
- publicly available sources;
- clubs, associations, member loyalty or reward programmes;
- third parties AIRJO has engaged to provide financial, accounting, administrative, advertising, marketing, internet communication, analytical and technology services ("Agents").
AIRJO may use Agents whose operations, systems or databases are located outside Australia including in the United Kingdom and United States of America ("Overseas Recipient"). Prior to disclosing personal information to an Overseas Recipient, AIRJO will take reasonable steps to seek assurance that the Overseas Recipient will not breach the APPs in relation to personal information provided by AIRJO. Subject to the APPs, AIRJO will only disclose personal information to Overseas Recipients in accordance with this Policy. You consent to such disclosure.
AIRJO keeps personal information about its customers secure and takes reasonable precautions to minimise the likelihood of loss, misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure or alteration of such information.
AIRJO takes all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information about its customers is destroyed when it is no longer required.
AIRJO will give You access to Your personal information which it holds about You. Your right to access Your personal information as held by AIRJO is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access Your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- the information being commercially sensitive to AIRJO or one of its Agents;
- access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
- access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- access being unlawful;
- access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
- a frivolous or vexatious request by You or some other person on Your behalf;
- the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and
- denial of access being required or authorised by law.
AIRJO stores Your personal information on its systems and with its Agents. AIRJO has adopted appropriate steps to minimise the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access to, interference with, modification of or unauthorised disclosure of Your personal information. Where personal information is no longer required appropriate steps are taken to destroy or de-identify that information. Whilst the utmost care is taken with Your personal information, AIRJO cannot guarantee that personal information stored or transmitted using AIRJO systems will not be lost, misused, intercepted, interfered with, subject to unauthorised access or disclosure or otherwise secure.
AIRJO acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to "opt-out" of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by AIRJO. If You do not wish to receive direct marketing from AIRJO, please contact AIRJO directly firstname.lastname@example.org
AIRJO aims to ensure that all personal information held about You is collected and used in accordance with this Policy. This means that from time to time, AIRJO may contact you to see if there are any changes to Your personal information. The accuracy and completeness of personal information We hold about You will depend on You providing accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information to Us when You have dealings with Us. AIRJO will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information We hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. If You believe personal information We hold about You is not accurate, complete and up-to-date or is otherwise misleading, please contact AIRJO and We will take steps to correct the relevant personal information.
More information about Your privacy rights, the Act or the Australian Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
AIRJO reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time. Any changes to the Policy will be published on AIRJO's website. AIRJO encourages You to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on AIRJO's privacy practices.
AIRJO welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Airjo has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Airjo at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.